Animals Need Our Help

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Backaches and Getting to the Bottom of Things

Again, such a span of time has gone by since my last post! Life is so busy these days that it's hard to keep up with everything. Let's see, my most recent bout of sciatica was brutal - lasted for weeks! I had to miss a friend's wedding reception, it was so bad. Now, if I could have used a cordless heating pad, hidden under my clothing, I may have been able to make it. Does such a thing exist? If so, I want to hear about it!

Now, getting to the 'bottom' of things...I had a colonoscopy at the end of November. This was not my first but I hadn't had one for 20 years so it was time for another. You see, I was diagnosed with Crohn's Disease when I was 19 years old and so these are the types of tests they like to run. I'm not complaining, merely explaining. I try to put it into perspective - it could be a lot worse. Anywho, I was having some issues and since I hadn't really had any flare-ups with the Crohn's for just about 20 years, it was time for another looksee. And the doc found it to be alive and kickin'. So, I'm trying out some meds for the next month or two (9 pills a day is supposed to keep the Crohn's at bay!) and then it's back to the doctor for a follow-up. He mentioned in my last visit that he wants to x-ray my small intestine. Ruh Roh - I do believe that means a Barium Xray - :( I've had that before and it's one of my least favorite of all these icky tests.
I wish I could say this is to be expected when you get older but hey, I'm only 40! oh well, like I said before, it could be worse. There are many out there in more serious situations than I. I have a wonderful life and this stuff right here is tolerable for me. I'll let ya know if that changes :)

So, just wanted to share some of my butt-iful adventures with you all! As per usual, I am desperately behind on checking everyone's blog. Now with the holidays winding up, I should be able to have a little more time for that. "Should" being the operative word.

Hope things are well with those who read this (and those who don't!).

I'll be back to post more fun and frolic (and antics of anal probing - did I just say that?!?!?!)

hugs, love and positivity to All!

1 comment:

Boricua in Texas said...

I hope you have a great 2008!