Animals Need Our Help

Donate to the ASPCA Today!

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Where have I been???

Ahoy there blogging mateys! It's been like a month since I've posted anything, seriously. Well, we are loving being homeowners but have been as busy as busy can be. I can't remember the last time I was able to spend an entire day to myself, unless you count that day I was home sick with the sinus infection a couple of weeks ago and I'm not counting that!

I never realized (having never owned my own home before) how much freakin' work there is to do on a constant basis! I would imagine that once we're settled in and have "made it our own" there won't be such a long laundry list of things to do but holy cow, I'm not seeing that happening any time soon. There is SOO much to do! Sure, the place is in good shape but for the last 7 years it was inhabited by a woman in her 80's (bless her heart) who had to go into Assisted Living and, well, the decor just isn't "me" or shall I say "us".
So, there is wallpaper in both the bathrooms that needs to come down (who wallpapers above a shower, anyway??? It's already all patchy and half-torn off in that area - Helloooooooo Steamy Showers!), flooring will need replacing, landscaping will need to be done, kitchen will eventually need remodeling as will the master bath... and of course, coming from a tiny apartment to a 3 bed/2 bath home means we need furniture to fill the place. Of course, all these things take $$$ which we don't have an over-abundance of (ok, like how many of us do? I mean, real people...). We get along just fine, financially, but these things call for a little bit more than we have on hand at the moment. So, we will do it little by little. And it will be great. And we will be very happy. And very busy. But very proud because we've done it ourselves.

Oh yeah, and I am very anxious to get a dog (or two) but that won't happen until next year, at least. Ahhh well, my cat is in no hurry, that's for sure!

Ok, so there I have done it - my first decent post in a month. Here's to hoping it doesn't take me another month to post again!

much happiness to all!

1 comment:

someGirl said...

A lot of work...but isn't cool that you have this work to do IN YOUR OWN HOUSE!!!

Glad to see you back!!